Saturday, October 1, 2011

I refuse to believe it's already October.

I can't believe how long I've gone without writing an update about T.A.M. Unique Jewelry.  We've been busy, but we have great news! We have some pieces to sell!  Don't forget, we also take custom orders. Here's a sampling of our already-made pieces though.

First, although I don't want to admit it, it is October.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Because of this, we decided to make a simple necklace dedicated to this cause.  Remember, you can click on the photos to see them larger in a new window/tab.  This is our simple Breast Cancer Awareness necklace. We think the simplicity gives it a certain elegant charm.  The photo in the right is a close-up of the toggle clasp, which is heart-shaped.  We are selling this piece for $25, which includes a $5 donation to a breast cancer research fund for each necklace sold.

 

Next, we have this gorgeous piece in festive fall colors.  I'm totally in love with this pendant (honestly, I bought it for myself, but decided to use it and get another one later).  If you click the photo to see it larger, you'll see that the clear pendant includes not only the picture of a red flower, but also the definition of the novel.  For all the glamorous bibliophiles out there, this necklace is perfect. I love it so much that I'm already planning on making at least one more just like it, but I'll make however many I need to satisfy me and my customers.  We are selling this piece for $22.


Next is what Theresa says we're calling a "Panda Bear Necklace." It's super-cute... Like a panda bear... Oh, and it's black and white (a favorite color combination of mine).  There's a good chance we will not be able to get these particular beads again, so this will most likely be a one-of-a-kind piece.  We are selling this piece for $15.


Finally, in our already-made pieces for sale section, we have Theresa's special project: her chain maille necklace.  I think it turned out beautifully.  She's planning on stocking up on jump rings to create more jewelry similar to this piece, but I'd be jumping on this piece before someone else does.  No promises that she'll make anything exactly like it in the future.  We are selling this piece for $30.


That's it for current pieces for sale, but I want to share one last piece with you.  This was a special project of mine.  I wanted to experiment with bead weaving.  I wove this bracelet entirely by hand. It took HOURS.  But it turned out really cool, and I'm looking forward to having time for more bead weaving.  However, I used plain cotton thread for this, and that is NOT what I should have used, so I can't sell this particular piece.  You would get mad at me because it will eventually break.  I'll buy some good beading thread soon so that you can benefit from my weaving experiments in the future. =)



That's all for now. Place your orders with us via Facebook ("like" us by scrolling back up and clicking on the link to the right of the blog) or at tamjewelry@gmail.com.  Give any feedback you'd like the same way or in the comments section below.  We hope to sell many Breast Cancer Awareness necklaces this month (and beyond), we'll hopefully get some holiday-themed jewelry together (nothing too gaudy, I promise), and we will definitely be taking your custom orders for Christmas. I know, it's only October, but you've got to give us some notice, so think about jewelry for your wives, girlfriends, sisters, cousins, aunts, nieces, friends, mothers, grandmothers, children's teachers, hair stylists.... We're prepared for your orders!

Until next time,

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment