Monday, July 11, 2011

Discovering Some Supplies Aren't Optional

When Theresa and I first started looking at the supplies we would need for T.A.M. Unique Jewelry, we kind of dismissed the idea of buying bead design boards.  Have you ever tried to work with beads without a design board?  Here's Grandma's disassembled necklace without a bead board:
















Allow me to describe my thought process: "Who needs a bead board?  I'll use a black shirt so I can see the beads well, and everything will be fine."  "I sure wish these beads would stop rolling everywhere."  "Okay. I'll put them in groups by sizes to start getting organized."  "No! Bad seed beads!  Why are you rolling into the 'slightly larger than seed beads' pile?"  "Aaaaaauuugh!"  "Why do these beads hate me?"  "Screw this, I'm going to bed."  And that was the night last week that I went to bed at 7:30pm.

Needless to say, the realization that I needed a bead design board came to me.  So, while Theresa and I have been focused on making plans and collecting supplies, I got the chance tonight to work a little more with my pearls and a bead board.


I'm finding this works much better than the t-shirt. ;-)

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment